To complement our fleet expansion, we are seeking to appoint an experienced and commercially focused Broker (LPG / Chemical background), to join our established and high performing Chartering desk, based in our head office, London.
Position: Broker (LPG / or Liquid Chemicals – dependent on your experience)
Reporting to: Senior Broker
Fleet type: LPG fleet (fully – refrigerated, midsize and VLGC segments) / Chemical fleet (fully Stainless Steel, J19)
Current fleet composition : 6 x LPG Carriers / 13 x Chemical Tankers
- Responsible for all chartering activities to achieve the most profitable and efficient employment of the fleet.
- Leveraging market analysis and insights, proactively seeking out opportunities to create commercial advantage.
- Developing and managing relationships with key charterers and joint venture parties.
- Successful negotiation and conclusion of spot market fixtures, period time charters, and contracts of affreightment; whilst upholding commercial guidelines and compliance requirements.
- Astute drafting and reviewing of Charter Parties and other fixture related documentation.
- Ensure executive management have up-to-date visibility of all vessels chartered and unfixed, daily position listings, freight market information, market trends and analysis.
- Reporting and analysing fixture results including comparisons of voyage estimates against final results on completion of the voyage; and ensuring any discrepancies are investigated and actioned.
- Effective and timely coordination and communication with all relevant departments, to support successful negotiations and conclusion of fixtures.
- Ad-hoc deliverables as required.
- Safeguarding that the Chartering function operates in strict accordance with all company Health, Safety and Environmental; Anti-Bribery and Corruption; Ethical Trading; and Anti-Money Laundering, policies, practices, and procedures.
- Remain current on industry rules, regulations, and best practices, and ensure that procedures are updated accordingly.
More about you
Relevant experience & Competencies
- Successful background and demonstrated experience in shipping (Chartering and Operations).
- In-depth knowledge of Chem / LPG market segments.
- Demonstrated understanding of vessel design, cargo types, parcelling operations, voyage instructions, stowage plans, vessel KPI’s, key ports and voyage routes.
- Established relationships and network within the Chem / LPG market segments.
- Working knowledge of Charter Party Terms and Conditions.
- Clear, precise and confident in verbal and written communication to support credibility and position of expertise.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively build and maintain sustainable relationships with key contacts.
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills, together with the ability to support decisions with sound reasoning and judgement.
- Commercial aptitude and ability.
- Self-motivated, focused, and driven to achieve results.
- A successful track record in dealing with a broad set of activities within a fast-paced environment, whilst managing ambiguity and pressure well, is a requirement for this role.
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, and collaborative in style.